Few days after the September 12th, 2014 building collapse at the premises of the Synagogue, Church of all Nations (SCOAN), Lagos, Nigeria. There were a lot of conspiracy theories by both government agencies and the press, made-up to mislead the international community and tarnish the reputation of Prophet T.B Joshua and SCOAN. Hearty effort by T.B Joshua’s ministry to rescue the collapse victims, assist the survivals and take care of the deceased families was not acknowledged, rather, they were raising false alarms against the Church, saying, Prophet T.B Joshua must be held responsible for the collapse and be arrested.
Classic evidences from the church’s CCTV footage that showed the manner of the building collapse and photograph evidences from a south African eyewitness that captured the mysterious plane, were downplayed by government agencies and the international media; those evidences have now being classified as ‘conspiracy-theories’ by propagandist desperately making moves to cover-up the SCOAN guest house attack and threat to prophet T.B Joshua’s life.
All the same, we have compiled and want to list out some of the lies now known to be deceitfully fabricated by government agencies and the press to mislead the general public and cause doubt on the position of the church that the building collapse was an attack.
1. Some days after the terror attack on SCOAN guest house, a false report was published by the international media quoting the General Manager of the Lagos State Building Control Agency (LSBCA), Mrs. Abimbola Animashahun Odunayo. She was mentioned to have said that her agency had sealed off the SCOAN guest house days before it collapsed and that the church ignored warnings from the agency to stop construction work on the guest house. This untrue report was a cheap lie because there was no time LSBCA served the church a quit notice to stop construction or seal the building. The truth was that, all letters and contravention notices sent to the church by LSBCA were sent Four to five days after the building had already collapsed. This particular misinformation from the media forced SCOAN to quickly release a press statement to debunk the falsehood.
2. Government rescue agencies came to the collapse site ill-equipped; the National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA) and the Lagos State Emergency Management Agency (LASEMA), but went on air to lie to the international community that SCOAN delayed them from entering the site to rescue the collapse building victims. They also alleged that the church members were hostile to them and that the church was not cooperative with them in the rescue operation.
This deception by NEMA and LASEMA, both government agencies was widely published by local and international media prompting a massive outcry from the public hence; unkindly calling for the arrest of T.B Joshua and accusing the church of trying to do cover-up, but the church kept silent and was busy keeping records on the truth. T.B Joshua always says, “No matter how long a lie is sustained, truth will someday prevail” and indeed truth prevailed. CCTV footage presented to the coronal court by SCOAN Chief Security officer and testimonies from other agencies that help with the rescue operation shows that SCOAN did not hinder NEMA/LASEMA from doing their job, but it was SCOAN that spearheaded the rescue operation. The church hired rescue experts and heavy-duty equipment and also provided 11 emergency ambulances that were used to convey victims to the hospitals. Both NEMA/LASEMA that were raising false alarm, came to the collapse site ill-equipped, they were busy taking pictures and conducting interview when people were still trapped under the rubble.
3. As NEMA/LASEMA where busy spreading their version of lies to the international community. A journalist name Mr. Nicholas Ibekwe came next on the scene with his accusation of bribe. Mr. Ibekwe who was on a secret mission to SCOAN, recorded a press conferences Prophet T.B Joshua publicly held with a number of journalists and went on social media to announce to the world that he has proof of Prophet T.B Joshua offering journalist bribe of N50, 000 Naira each to publish reports on the collapsed building on his favor. This accusation by Mr. Ibekwe caused a divided public opinion; he then went on to upload an audio clip he alleged was the proof of Joshua offering the bribe. To the disappointment of those who were already calling for the crucifixion of Prophet T.B Joshua, the audio clip did not prove anything; it become obvious the obsessed journalist was simply making a big deal out of the generosity of Prophet T.B Joshua. Here is the link to his alleged bribing proof and a responds by a freelance journalist.
4. During the time witnesses where being called upon to testify in the coronal inquest setup by the Lagos state government to uncover the circumstances and cause of the collapsed guest house, there was a misleading report that was widely published by the international press. The report incorrectly quoted Professor John Obafunwa, a pathologist who led other pathologist in carrying out tests to determine the cause of death of victims of the collapse guest house. The professor was alleged to have ruled out claims of an explosion as the cause of the building collapse, on the basis that none of the collapsed building victims had blast injuries. This deceptive report was intended to deride the position of the church that the collapse was an attack. However, Prof. Obafunwa disclosed that he was mainly concerned with the cause of death of the victims and not the cause of the collapse building and that it would be wrong and beyond his jurisdiction to probe into the cause of the building collapse.
5. Lastly, when the incident just happened, the international community was made to believe that the foundation of the collapsed guest house was designed for just two (2) storey building and the addition of extra four (4) storey building, making a total of six (6) storey building, was done without re-enforcing the foundation of the guest house and this may likely be the possible reason the guest house collapse. This misleading report that was widely published was against the position of the church that the foundation of the building was actually design to carrying more than six (6) storey building. But as of recent, independent investigation done by local and international building experts including, families of the collapse victims on the site of the collapse building has shown that the foundation of the collapse guest house was strong enough to support more than 11 storey building and even till now, the foundation of the collapse guest house is still solid and intact; there is no sign of crack or stress on the foundation.
So far so good, time has continued to vindicate SCOAN and Prophet T.B Joshua from any wrong doing. Even the report that alleged SCOAN had no government approval from the collapsed building has being established to be technically untrue because the church has already paid over N20million naira to the Lagos state government for the building approval and the approval for the building was being processed when the guesthouse collapse.
The ill motive behind these spurious lies listed in the article has added to the already general suspicion that the collapse guesthouse was part of an elaborate plot by some group of powerful elite with influence in government and the world media to spark Prophet T.B Joshua’s ‘downfall’, for a reason best known to the plotters and we hope at the end of this turmoil, justice takes its cause.
We also want to use this opportunity to wish the Prophet, T.B Joshua HAPPY 52TH BIRTHDAY!!!!