I am not the public relations officer of Prophet T.B. Joshua neither am I the communications director of the Synagogue Church Of All Nations, SCOAN. Above all, I am neither a Yoruba, which TB Joshua is, nor a member of his church, SCOAN.
I am just a Nigerian who must speak out when it is necessary for him to do so. A Nigerian, who, out of the fear of God, must always speak out on matters of national importance, rather than hide under the facade of innocence to allow things go wrong.
That said, I want to use this opportunity to advise all those Nigerians, including some so-called men and women of God, who criticize Prophet T. B. Joshua and SCOAN unjustly and jealously, to shut up their dirty and stinking mouth and ‘face their warrant.’ NO APOLOGY, WHATSOEVER!
You may be wondering why I am talking tough or hard. I’ll tell you why.
I have been observing, listening, and reading the funny and false stories that some jealous people, especially Nigerians, peddle about the person of T. B. Joshua and his church, SCOAN, without anybody cautioning them.
Meanwhile, the same persons cannot watch and listen to other people talk bad about Pastors E.A. Adeboye, W.F Kumuyi, D. K. Odukoya, Chris Oyakhilome, David Oyedepo, among others, without them standing up to condemn or fight for their idols in their absence.
Does anybody think that T. B. Joshua’s silence on the negative things people say against him is a sign of cowardice on his part? It is not! Instead, it is a proof of his wisdom from above. Anybody who thinks otherwise, should better have a rethink or have his or her head re-examined.
I think it is high time I said something concerning the way some Nigerians speak evil about T. B. Joshua and his church, SCOAN. I am going to say it without looking at faces. This is not a matter of being disrespectful, but a matter of the understanding of the leading of the Holy Spirit.
The first time I heard about T. B. Joshua was in 1994 or 1995. Then, he was just starting out his church at the Agodo area of Egbe, near Ikotun. Then, yours sincerely was living on Thomas Animashaun Street in the Aguda area of Surulere, Lagos.
The gentleman from whose mouth I heard about T. B. Joshua for the first time, said so many unprintable things about the man. He also lied that T. B. Joshua buried so many human beings alive in his church in order to get the power he was using to perform those rare miracles, whose news are everywhere in the world.
Because of those stories, which I later discovered to be baseless, I swore never to go near T. B. Joshua, let alone attending his church. Even when some of my cousins, who were members of his church invited me to come with them to the church, I refused to accompany them there.
In 2015, something happened that forced me to attend SCOAN. By that time, Prophet T. B. Joshua had relocated his church to its present permanent site at Ikotun, near Egbe.
The younger brother of a friend of mine, who was based in Europe, visited Nigeria for an important mission, but could not return to Europe, even when he made every attempt to do so. The reason for his inability to return to Europe, he didn’t know.
After watching Emmanuel Television, owned by SCOAN, the frustrated young man decided to visit SCOAN, without anybody preaching to him or forcing him to go there. He got there and got exactly the solution he needed to solve his problem.
On the day of his testimony at SCOAN, he invited me to accompany him there, and I obliged him. I went there not because I wanted to please him, but to satisfy my curiosity of all the evil stories I’ve heard about the place.
We got to the church premises at some minutes past 4 A.M. and were directed to the Overflow Church. We waited there until some minutes past 6 A.M. when we were ushered into the main auditorium of the church.
I was afraid when I stepped my feet into the main church. I was afraid because I thought that those negative stories, which I had heard about the place might come after me. Unfortunately for those rumourmongers, who were bent in destroying the good image of T. B. Joshua and SCOAN, that never happened.
After my friend’s younger brother had returned to his base in Europe, I decided to visit SCOAN on my own. I went there six times on my own, making it a total of seven times that I went there.
In all my visits and research about T. B. Joshua and SCOAN, I am yet to find them wanting in any of those areas that they were constantly accused of. Instead, I have been blessed for going there, more than most other righteous churches have ever blessed me with.
- SCOAN is the church in Nigeria that cares about the poor and other less-privileged people more than any other church in Nigeria. Keep your proofs while I keep mine, until the time to show proofs comes.
- SCOAN is the only church in Nigeria with the largest heart of advertising juicy job vacancies for everybody, including unbelievers and members of other churches to benefit from.
- SCOAN is the only or the first church in Nigeria to be recognized by the United Nations, UN, in terms of providing employment and helping the poor and other less privileged. I was at SCOAN on the very day some UN representatives visited the church to thank T. B. Joshua and SCOAN for creating jobs and for caring for the poor and other less-privileged people of our society, without partiality.
- SCOAN is the Nigerian church where miracles, signs and wonders take place more than in any other church in Nigeria.
- SCOAN is the last bus-stop for Christians, from all over the world, who have gone to other churches for solution to their problems without success.
- SCOAN is the only church in Nigeria where the giving of offering and paying of tithe is not sang as a song, as is done in most other churches in Nigeria. Apart from forcing people to pay tithe, some churches in Nigeria even keep registers of tithe-payers. What a joke!
- SCOAN is the only church in Nigeria that you’ll attend without being ashamed of not giving offering or paying your tithe, when it is very glaring that you don’t have to give or to pay. This is because nobody would bother you or look at you as the poorest man on earth.
- SCOAN is the only church in Nigeria, which does not waste its members’ offering and tithe on printing fliers, banners and billboards, yet hundreds of thousands of people, from all walks of life, find their way there to worship.
- SCOAN is the church that has the highest number of worshipers from other countries of the world, every Sunday.
- SCOAN is the church in Nigeria that promote the tourism policy of our government more than any other church, and yet, does not ask for payment or to be appreciated for doing so.
- SCOAN is the only or the first among the few churches in Nigeria, where their pastors would say to their newcomers: “Get what you came here for and go back to your church and worship God there.” Pastors in other churches would do everything to make sure that every newcomer that comes to their church does not return to the church, where he or she came from.
- SCOAN is the only or the first among the few churches in Nigeria that does not advertise or fight for members, yet its population keep increasing, day after day.
- SCOAN is the most popular church in Nigeria, in the eyes of people from other nations of the world. If SCOAN is the most popular Nigerian church in the eyes of billions of people from other countries, who are the few millions of Nigerians that would think otherwise?
- SCOAN is the only or the first on the list of few churches in Nigeria where pastors do not criticize pastors of other churches unjustly or jealously.
- SCOAN is the only church in Nigeria where you can be for several hours without getting bored and hungry to go home. This is unlike most other churches in Nigeria, where worshipers tell their pastors when to end the service and where worshipers are free to leave the church before the end of the service, on account of boredom.
Which one will I say and which one will leave out? In spite of all these pluses in favour of SCOAN, many uninformed Nigerians still call it a place of occult and fake powers.
The most annoying part of this is that some men and women of God, whose only job in Nigeria and in other places where they have branches, is to collect offering and tithes, also have the guts to speak evil of T. B. Joshua and SCOAN; the church that change lives and change nations.
In case you’re not a man or woman of God, please, help me ask those men and women of God who run their mouths like a faulty faucet whenever T. B. Joshua and SCOAN are mentioned, what they have done for Nigeria and for humanity in general. If any, let them list them just as I have just listed those of T. B. Joshua and SCOAN above.
I am not surprised that some Nigerians can say what they say about T. B. Joshua and SCOAN because the Pharisees and other unbelievers say worse things about Jesus, the Saviour of the whole world. If they could do that to God Himself, who then, is T. B. Joshua and SCOAN?
The most annoying thing about all this is that most of the people who speak evil about T. B. Joshua and SCOAN have never stepped their feet into SCOAN nor conduct a research about T. B. Joshua and SCOAN. Why, then, do they choose to die in ignorance?
Why would a reasonable man and woman, including the educated, believe and go about saying “Dem say, dem say?” Isn’t it shameful on their own part?
Why were they sent to school? Is it not to use their brains better than those who had no opportunity of going to school? Why then, are they disgracing and advertising their ignorance?
I can never tell you what I did not see or hear. If I have not seen or heard, I’ll tell you so, instead of peddling rumours and falsehood.
So, those people speaking evil of T. B. Joshua and SCOAN should first visit SCOAN before talking rubbish or they themselves would become the rubbish that they speak.
I don’t want to get angry and start mentioning names here. But since T. B. Joshua is the only house of occult in Nigeria, how many other men and women of God, who claim to be saints or most-righteous, are sure to make heaven, with all the noise that they and their members make?
For those of us who are not ‘professional’ pastors, why do we allow some of these ‘professional’ pastors who live on us and who claim to be the best deceive us? Why? Why? Why?
I challenge anybody, including other ‘most righteous’ men and women of God who feel that T. B. Joshua is a devil to do one-fiftieth of what T. B. Joshua does. If they can do it, Nigeria and indeed, the world, would be a better place for all of us to live, because poverty and the high rate of crime would go down.
Can the whole world be wrong about T. B. Joshua and SCOAN, while only a few Nigerians are right about them? If NO, why all these sorts of destructive criticisms?
Finally, I have an advice for all those Nigerians, including some men and women of God, who talk dirty of T. B. Joshua and SCOAN: Why not remove the log in your own eyes first before attempting to remove the speck in T. B. Joshua’s eyes.
Lest I forget, why are you not ashamed of yourself? You have been talking bad about somebody for several years now and the person seems not to be bothered by what you say about him. Isn’t that enough for you keep your dirty and stinking mouth shut and ask yourself: “Is all that I have been saying about T. B Joshua and SCOAN really true?
A word, they say, is enough for the wise. Those who have ears let them hear.